Disclaimer: Individuals are encouraged to contact their local governments for the most current laws.
State and County
- Washington State Legislature — Revised Code of WA
- Washington State Dept. of Agriculture — Apiary Page
Pierce County Charter and Code (Title 8 Section 94)
General Government Office and Agency Search
Washington State Legislature
- RCW 15.60 – Apiaries
- RCW 15.62: Honey bee commission
- RCW 69.28: Honey, standards and marketing
- WAC 16-600 – Honey
- WAC 16-602 – Apiaries
For more information, please visit the WA State Legislature website.
Pierce County Charter and Code (Download)
- 8.94.010 Policy and Purpose.
- 8.94.020 Definitions.
- 8.94.030 Beekeeping – Maintenance of Colonies.
- 8.94.040 Hive Placement.
- 8.94.050 Nuisance Declared.
- 8.94.060 Enforcement and Entry – Right of Entry for Inspection.
- 8.94.070 Violation – Penalty.
- 8.94.080 Severability.
- Cross references: Chapter 15.60 RCW, Chapter 8.08 PCC
For more information, please visit the Pierce County Charter and Code website.
Tacoma Municipal Code (Download)
- 5.24.010 Beekeeping – Maintenance of colonies – Nuisances designated.
- 5.24.020 Enforcement and entry – Right of entry for inspection.
- 5.24.030 Violation – Penalty.
- For more information, please visit the Tacoma Municipal Code website.